Friday, March 30, 2012

FASHION FRIDAY (WHAT IS YOUR BRAND/STYLE)

Girlfriends, do you know what your brand or style is?  Do you even have a style? I was wandering through a clothing store, waiting for my son.  I won't name the store but the initials are Burlington Coat Factory LOL.  I was originally looking for a suit, however I stumbled upon a cute dress that actually had a crinoline skirt underneath.  I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee the look of the dress and though how beautiful and feminine women use to dress in the 1950's.  I have a confession.  I use to be a huge Doris Day fan, reason being I simply love the clothes she wore in her movies.  I proudly label myself as a girlie girl.  Now I know that is not every one's style but it is mine.  I love clothing that is chic and feminine and most of all comfortable.  When I wear a clothing item it needs to feel as comfortable as my own skin. 

Now I want to just touch on something that is utterly important.  The older we get things change in and on our body.  Chances are if you are in your 30's; 40's 50's and older, gravity has very well taken it's toll on your body.  Throw in pregnancies, those dreaded stretch marks, weight gains, weight loss etc. your breast now has it's own zip code!  Now I'm not saying this to get down on anyone. I am definitely included in this group. My point is we cannot and should not want to wear in our mature age clothes that we would and could wear in our early 20's. 

Having lost a lot of weight gives me the option of being able to shop virtually anywhere except plus size stores, which I have to say I miss my Ashley stewards  stores. Anyway! as a good friend once told me, because they make it in your size doesn't mean you should wear it.  At the tender not so young age of 47, I'm not trying to look like or wear the clothing of a 20 year old.  I'm not saying I need to look like a candidate for the Shadybrook Farms Retirement Home, but I'm not trying to look like a Hanna Montana fan either.

So what I've figured out about my Style or Brand is I love to look chic and classy with a dash of trendy with a schmere of classic mixed with a dollop of new.  LOL (sounds more like a recipe doesn't it)

When I walk out of my house I feel good and I own my look and that my dear sister friends is a GREAT feeling.

If you haven't figured it out, I challenge you to find or develop your style/brand.  It's not to late.





Hugs and Blessings, Diva Val

2 comments:

  1. Well I would like to think of my style as professional with class, not too old and not too young. Now I can let my hair down with the best of them, as you already know :-)

    Thanks for the Blog Sister

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I do know that Big Sis and thank you for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete