Wednesday, March 28, 2012

WELLNESS WEDNESDAY (EXERCISE IS OUR FRIEND)

Good Wednesday my lovely sista friends, I just want to share a few words of encouragement about exercise; But before I begin let me give the disclaimer, I am not a Doctor, an exercise guru or a personal trainer.  I am, however, a woman who has battle the better part of my adult life with weight.  As I stated in a previous blog I chose to have gastric bypass surgery.  Now I have heard folks say doing so is cheating.  Cheating what death? Then cheat I did.  Having surgery was not nor will it ever be a magic pill.  Just like the contestants on the show Biggest Losers or some of the very well known weight loss programs, We (bariatric surgery patients) have to work to maintain our weight loss.  Now I wish I could tell you how much I simply live to exercise but that would be the biggest lie known to man! lol I don't mind however exercising for the simple fact that I enjoy where I am health wise and want to maintain my good health. 


I am a HUGE fan of the show Biggest Losers, this year the theme is eliminate excuses.  Well I challenge you to eliminate the excuses.  There are a variety of things people can do to get fit and healthy.  The NUMBER ONE thing a person can do that is absolutely free is WALK.  Walking is a fabulous way to loose and maintain weight loss.  Find a school track, or a walking trail to just walk.  If you live in a community that provides free gym access then GO. It amazes me how people whine and complain about not having enough time to work out, but spend hours on end, talking on the phone, watching tv or surfing the web.  Studies show that just 30 minutes a day of brisk walking can make a difference in your overall health. 


Spring has seemingly arrived early, this is a great time to get on track by walking or incorporating any type of exercise regimen.  We all want to look good and feel good this summer, but we don't want it to be temporary.  I don't know about you but I intend to be fit, lovely and active for a very long time.
Why don't you challenge yourself and join me by moving your body in exercise.


Come on ladies MOVE YOUR BODIES!  I know we can do this.



Hugs, and Blessings, Val

No comments:

Post a Comment