Monday, March 26, 2012

WHAT'S YOUR STORY?

I was channel surfing and came across the opening for a christian show that was coming on.  It really captured my attention. Words would flash across the screen. The question was asked if we believed and knew when Christ would return what would we do differently, who would we talk to, who would we help?  That got me to thinking about my life story.  It also got me to think about a sermon I once heard.  The speaker's topic was about the dash in between the date of birth and the date of a person's passing.  The speaker stated that dash represents everything in life that took place from birth until the end of one's life, now I don't want you to get all upset and think OMG she's being morbid.  I know people get very uncomfortable about the topic of death. This my dear friends is not about death, this is about life!  Let me ask you, if someone were to write about your life, and or make a movie about your life, what would it be about?  What would you want the book to say or not say?  Would you be pleased with the story?  Would you want parts or all of your life re-written?  Now you might be thinking Val what's your point?  No ONE can write your story better than You!  Any great writer knows that in order to get to the end of a great story it may have to be re-written several times.  Be honest with yourself would you be pleased right here and now if you wrote your story.  Well I challenge you to write your story, and if you find your are not please start writing the sequel. The Part II of your story.  This is what my blog is all about.  It's about the Sequel or the Second Part to a very interesting story.  I personally feel the beautiful Angela Bassett would be the best person to play me in a movie, LOL just kidding. 

I recently had a conversation with a lovely and wise woman, Ms. Tina Hines of FOR MY SISTER FRIENDS,  http://www.formysisterfriends.org/  I explained that I sometimes feel like I'm all over the place with my ideas and plans concerning business.  Tina asked me was I the same person at the age of 20 that I was at the age of 16, and of course I said no I was not I had changed.  She then stated "why would you not expect your ideas and plans to change".  She was right of course, change is inevitable. The beauty of life is we can choose to sit on the sidelines and watch or we can become an active part of life.  The fact that we are still  here among the living to tell our story whether you acknowledge it or not is a blessing.  The bigger blessing however, is not only to tell the story but to live it.

I love to write, so I certainly know the first thing I put to paper is not always what I end up with as a finish product.  That being the case, it doesn't discourage me from continuing to write.  Now at this stage of my life I am proudly revising my story and it's fabulous! I would be lying if I said each and every chapter is about happiness, and flowers, and running threw a field of lilies toward a tall fine hunky Man who sweeps me up in his arms and carries me away. Wait isn't that a butter commercial? LOL anywho, a great story has highs and lows; funny parts and sad parts; A great story may have a little mystery in it or some sweet poignant parts to it.

So today my lovely friends I challenge you to revise your story.  Make your story what you want it to be it's not to late!  Would your story put folks to sleep?  Then it's time to spice things up for the revision.

Get up stop sitting around whining and complaining it's time to live your new story!

No comments:

Post a Comment