Thursday, November 25, 2010

What is Your Plan? TIME TO WORK IT DIVA!

Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays, as with a lot of people.  Thanksgiving to many means great food, family and fun.  Some of us however, are humble and smart enough to take a moment to be grateful and give thanks for our blessings.  Others are even more proactive by giving back to the community.  Feeding those less fortunate than themselves.   For retailers this is the start of their busiest season.  Visions of dollars dancing in their heads.  Every year retailers plan creative ways to lure consumers in to their stores to spend your hard earned money.  My question to you my Diva Sister is do you have a plan?  Or do you stroll around the store in a zombie like state spending money you don't have plunging yourself deeper into debt? Do you have a plan for the holiday season? Have you ever taken the time to write out a plan for your life, daily, weekly, or monthly.  In a few short weeks we'll be entering the new year.  Do you have a plan for the new year?  If so I'm here to encourage you. WORK YOUR PLAN!  What are you waiting for?  What are you afraid of?  Take a minute and think about it.  What's keeping you from working your plan?  You've been saying for years you'd like to go back to school for nursing.  Well there's no time like the present.  What's holding you back?

I was talking to a friend recently, she shared how she would be doing somethings alone for the first time in a  long time.  So I say to her ok, now it's time to do you.  Form a plan, move forward and work your plan.  Now I'll be honest having a plan doesn't mean you won't encounter some set backs. It's a good possibility that you will, but so what if you do, you just regroup and keep moving forward.  You say you want to loose weight not only to look good but to feel good.  Do you have a solid, reasonable plan?  When I say reasonable I mean obtainable. You know like loosing 5 lbs in a month that my friend is reasonable not loosing 40 lbs in a month.

I love writing out goals for the year.  It helps me stay focused. there are times when I've met all my goals there were times when I did not.  I continue, however, to write them out, check them throughout the year and it feels fabulous when you get to check one off as accomplished.  So I'm taking this opportunity to encourage you all to WORK YOUR PLAN! Stop making excuses; Stop procrastinating! Stop shuckin and jivin! lol that's right I said it.  It's time to stop blaming, Mama, Daddy, Brother, Sister Uncle Raybud, and Aunt SusieQ.  If you don't have a plan make one, then like Nike Just do it.  Just like you worked those fabulous pumps with that black dress. WORK YOUR PLAN.  Rather than run around the mall and stores like a chicken without a head. Make a plan before you even step into the store. Stay focus I don't care how cute the commercials and sales people are have a plan and stick to it.

Let's prepare NOW for the New Year.   Just like you planned to camp outside the store so that you could buy your baby that game he/she so desperately wanted only to play with it once for 20 minutes on christmas day.  Use that same tenacity to WORK YOUR PLAN.

Together we can live a life of purpose.  We are strong, intelligent, creative, resilient and we can WORK OUR PLANS.

Be Blessed, Diva Val

No comments:

Post a Comment