Tuesday, December 7, 2010

BAGGAGE CHECK

So this time of year most of us are usually traveling.  I just took a weekend trip to visit one of my best friends in Greensboro NC.  Amazingly, I only took One bag.  Now you may be thinking and for this she felt the need to blog?  YES! my traveling with only one bag is EPIC.  I always over pack.  Why ladies do we do that?  IDK anywho this of course got me to thinking about the topic at hand.  BAGGAGE. As the year whines down what better time to let go of some of the baggage weighing us down and preventing us from moving forward in life. It's time my Sister friends to let go of past hurts, disappointments and regrets.  Ok so you didn't pledge when you were in college Get over it!  or you didn't finish college again GET OVER IT! if you want to go back then make it happen.  Your first boyfriend dumped you over 30 years ago and you still need closure ARE YOU SERIOUS? that looser was trying to hump everything with a pulse and you still going on about how he could have been the one REALLY? Divas let's loose the baggage. It's been weighing some of down for years and years.  Now you are 32 looking like a 69 year old.  You can use the best make up around it won't help.  I know this sounds brutal but it's real and needs to be said.  Aren't you tired of being tired and sad?  Then it's time to pack up all your stuff and drop it off at the nearest dumpster.  In the words of a great classis song I CAN SEE CLEARLY NOW THE RAIN is gone and I'm gonna add the baggage too.  Ok ok it might sound corny but work with me.  As long as you get the message!  I'm so excited the closer we get to the New Year, what about you?  Are you writng out your goals, forget resolutions, be honest and be realistic and write out your goals for the New Year.  I know without a doubt you can do this.  I also know the year can be as great as you want it and make it.  But first you have to dump the BAGGAGE.   This is tight but it's right!

Be blessed, Diva Val

4 comments:

  1. i loved it!! my baggage is dumped. Coming to school carrying things that should be left at home!! there have been many things that sometimes weigh more than others but all in all its unneccessary. as i move foward i am dropping things little by little and i truly appreciate this blog!! thanks love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh my Angel you are wise beyond your years, I'm glad this was a topic that resonated with you. Thank you for sharing your comment. You are just the the sweetest young lady.

    love ya back Mama Val

    ReplyDelete
  3. That baggage DOES get heavy if you refuse to lay it down! I refuse to carry someone else's and intend to make mine as light as possible - too old and too tired to continue being foolish!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's what I'm talking about Mama. It's challenging enough carrying your own load. I hope we can all lighten our loads in the new year.

    ReplyDelete