Tuesday, February 1, 2011

I DOUBLE DOG DARE YOU!

Remeber when you were a kid and someone dared you, for a split second you would think should I do it? But then they would issue the ultimate in dares. I Double Dog Dare ya! lol something about that double or triple dare made it all the more serious, why who knows lolol.  All you know is that you didn't want to be known as a scary cat.  Well we are no longer kids, I don't know about you but I still love a good challenge.  In fact for me, I hate backing down from a challenge.  Now that may be a good thing or a not so good thing.  Well this year I've decided I am going to challenge myself in every way possible.  That's right boys and girls, Mentally, Spriritually, Finacially, Physically.  Why moan and groan about wanting change in our lives if we don't challenge oursevles.  If this year does not turn out to be a huge successful year for me I've decided it will not be for lack of trying.  I'm tired of talking about things I'd like to do and not taking any steps to accomplish those things no matter how big or small.  So as I challenge myself I challenge you. What are some of the things you've been talking about doing for years?  Trying yoga, martial arts?  Becoming a runner? How about trying a 5k this year?  So you're an adult and you don't know how to swim, Do you have a YMCA near by?  Look into taking swimming classes at the Y.   Why are you still sleeping in that twin bed you had in middle school.  Go ahead and buy that new bedroom suite you've been wanting for years.  You deserve it.  Now that may not seem like something major but it's a start.  Get that passport.  I DARE YOU. That trip may not happen this year but getting that passport will push you even more to take steps to take that trip abroad you've been dreaming about.  We've started a save a dollar a day challenge and the response was GREAT!  I was so happy and surprised by all of the responses. I was glad so many people wanted to challenge themselves.  So why stop there, We have 11 months to go.  Let's challenge ourselves this year like never before.  I DOUBLE DOG DARE YOU!

2 comments:

  1. You are right Val. I JUST received my passport this past Friday. I had filled out the paperwork over a year ago, but had not bothered to apply. I, finally, decided to do it 2 weeks ago and have received my passport already! Even though I do not have final plans for a trip yet, I am prepared and it feels fantastic. My next challenge is to get back into the gym, which is going to happen very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First let me say thanks for sharing this with everyone and thanks for the support. Getting my passport was one of my goals and I just picked up my application lol. See great minds think alike. I have determined I will do the things I have been dreaming and wishing for. I'm challenging myself to be a Woman of action and faith. "Faith without works is dead" So the work is getting that passport, our faith believes we will be traveling to some fabulous place in the very near future.

    ReplyDelete